Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Five Drinks Into How I Met Your Mother Final Season Episode 21 "Gary Blauman"

Tom's Take:



And How I Met Your Mother managed to jump out of its’ funk and pull that off. This episode was a great one, though not necessarily a classic episode in the grand scheme of things, it was definitely one of the best of this season at least, and yes it even made me tear up a bit, although I’m not entirely sure why.


I just enjoyed seeing where all the characters we’ve gotten to know over the years, even the ones we didn’t care about, and there were a lot of those, end up. It was good closure, and a great episode to place in the final season.

We also see more of Ted’s relationship with The Mother as we see their first date, and I loved the parallels between that first date and Ted’s first date with Robin. That felt very fitting, and was another great bit of closure.

The episode itself had some funny business, nothing I actually really laughed at, but the cute humor that has kept the show treading water for most of the last 5 seasons.

Episode MVP: The Mother, because I continue to think it was a mistake to wait this long to finally give us the mother because she is holding her own, and the highlight of most episodes she’s in.

Rating: 8.5 out of 10.

It was a good episode, nothing much more to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment