Monday, January 13, 2014

Five Drinks Into How I Met Your Mother The Final Season Episode 14 "Slappointment in Slapmarra"

Tom's Take:


So I totally lost track of the slaps somewhere along the line, because I was pretty sure this was supposed to be the final slap. Instead it wasn't, but rather what we got was a decently funny episode which took a massive detour from the major plots of the season.



I'm done with the lists, because it is a new year, and I'm tried of making those lists. But obviously this episode was better than the last Slapsgiving which was a massive disappointment in an already mediocre season. The fact that there are more slaps added onto the series, is sort of a good analogy for the show itself, but anyways getting into this episode, I"m going to look at what I liked and what I disliked.

I liked that Marshall was telling a ridiculous story, but that his friends played along.

I like the others playing the Chinese Masters.

I liked the high energy of this episode.

I disliked Barney somehow getting all afraid again.

I disliked that we detoured from the main plot, for the Slap plot, which I have obviously not been caring too much about for several years.

Episode MVP: Obviously I've got to give this one to Marshall for being the main character of this episode. He was good throughout the episode, and I enjoyed seeing him mingling in the bar with the main characters again.

Episode Rating: 8 out of 10

The original Slap Bet is one of the best episodes of the entire series, and I'm a little sad that the slap bet itself faded into such a rather uninteresting gimmick, but still this episode in and of itself was good, and made me smile if not burst into laughter too often.

No comments:

Post a Comment