Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Five Drinks Into TV: How I Met Your Mother Final Season Episode 8 "The Lighthouse"


Tom's Take




In what was otherwise a subpar episode, "The Lighthouse" delivered a fastforward that was truly wonderful. We got to see Ted propose to the mother!


I'm officially sick of Marshall's road trip. Enough already! I'm sick of him not interacting with the main gang. Just get him to the hotel already!

Robin and Barney continues to be cute, but honestly it's only a neutral force in this episode, since I was annoyed with everything else their plot seemed only okay and I would have been fine skipping it in order to skip the rest of the annoying stuff.

Ted isn't doing anything at all interesting in the present time.

All I want to see is more Mother Flashforwards!

Predictions I've got right so far:

1. Right, and I'm annoyed about it.
4. Lily is annoyed at Marshall since she found out about the judgeship in episode 7.
6. We've gotten at least three flashforward scenes already.
13. Ranjit showed up in the card game.
15. We learned that the mother pukes when Ted pukes, and she immediately said yes even before Ted was finished proposing.
21. Lily has spent 8 episodes without physically interacting with Marshall.

Things I found funny in the episode:
Clint "I will not go back to coaching the Browns!"
Marshall's dark side.

Since the best thing about this episode was the flashforward let's come up with 16 flashforwards I'd like to see.

1. Ted and the Mother's first date.
2. Ted and the Mother's wedding.
3. Ted finding out the Mother is pregnant.
4. Ted first holding his daughter.
5. Ted having to choose a godparent.
6. First time the Mother hangs out with the gang.
7. Some funny flashforward with the Mother and Barney.
8. Ted having to end the story because the Mother got home.
9. Robin and Barney moving away.
10. Barney getting a new job.
11. Marshall being a judge.
12. Lily getting a new career.
13. Ted pulling a Ted with the Mother.
14.  Ted 's career.
15. The gang all getting together and being happy.
16. The Mother tells Ted she loves him first.

Episode MVP: The mother, because that was my favorite scene.

Rating: 6.5 out of 10.

A mostly meh episode, but it had such a great ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment