Friday, July 13, 2012

Five Drinks Into Fantasy Sports: Fantasy Football Drafts


Rounds 2 and 3



Tom's Take:



for round one see http://fivedrinksin.blogspot.com/2012/07/five-drinks-into-fantasy-sports-fantasy.html

These two rounds, it's important to really fill in your key positions, especially the RB position. The 5th RB is a tough call this year, but I think there are a lot of players going in Rounds 2 and 3 who will be bargain 1st round picks.

11. Jimmy Graham: Not a bargain, but this is where I advise taking Jimmy Graham if you don't have the ability to get Gronkowski on your team. These two tight ends are head and shoulders above even the next set of elite Tight Ends, which is why I have them 3 rounds earlier. It's worth it if these guys produce the way I expect them to.

12. Chris Johnson: My #5 RB, but hopefully this is far enough down the list that I'll never have to stand firm on that. He's got the talent; we all know that, but God, last year was ugly. Bounce back year for CJ I hope.

13. Larry Fitzgerald: He's an elite WR, no matter who is passing him the ball. For me, he is very clearly the  #2 WR.

14. Marshawn Lynch: Last year was good year for Lynch. I doubt he can repeat that, but if he does than he more than warrants this pick. I hope he can return to Beast Mode for Fantasy players, even though as a 49ers fan I have no real love for the guy.

15. Ryan Mathews: I think this guy is over rated. Someone is going to pick him in the first round, and that person will be wrong. Don't be that guy, but don't be the guy who passes him here just to be cool. RB is an ugly position this year, and you will get desperate if you don't settle for these overrated type players at somewhat reasonable placement.

16. Andre Johnson: I don't really want Johnson this year. I don't think his injuries are some fluke, I think this guy is an injury risk. But he's too talented to pass up if he falls to you here.

17. Roddy White: I love White despite owning him last year and not making the playoffs. I like the Falcons to have a good passing attack this year, and I think Julio Jones will serve as distraction that helps rather than hinders White.

18. Greg Jennings: If you have a QB/WR combo this year, make it Aaron Rodgers and Greg Jennings. The Packers are going to have a dominant air attack this year just like last year, and defenders will respect Jordy Nelson enough for Jennings to be the main guy and still be very productive.

19. Matt Forte: He can catch, and that is an ability I really like in a RB. He is constantly misvalued in fantasy drafts, but I have about 60% confidence that he will finish the year as a top 10 Fantasy RB. So there you go.

20. Cam Newton: I'd prefer one of the top 4 QB's, but hopefully this pick will mess up the rest of league, as they have to figure out when to pull the trigger on one of the lesser QB's.

21. Jamaal Charles: He's very hard to value coming back from an injury, but here you go. Hopefully this is late enough that if I'm wrong it won't hurt you too much to draft him.

22. Adrian Peterson: The #1 pick that last two years could fall to the third round this year. If that happens and he is fine from his injury last year, then this is a steal.

23. Mike Wallace: I don't feel strongly about him, but he's a WR that puts up numbers.

24. Victor Cruz: This guy is really good, and the Giants are going to be passing a lot this year. I don't think Cruz was a fluke, I think he is for real and I'm drafting him before Nicks.

25. Demarco Murray: Who knows...He was good in that one game. Maybe he'll repeat?

26. Darren McFadden: This guy could be a steal in the third round or a bust, it really all depends on injury.

27. Hakeem Nicks: Let's hedge my bets on New York.

28. Steven Jackson: Consistent with not a lot of TD's. I feel like he's a pretty safe pick, and there's always the random upside that THIS will be the year the TD's go up.

29. Michael Turner: People are jumping off the Turner bandwagon. Those people are dumb. There's nothing to suggest that THIS will be the year Turner falls apart. Well there is, he's old and slow, but I'm ignoring that.

30. Trent Richardson: What the hell. He's on everyone else's list.

No comments:

Post a Comment