Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Five Drinks Into Reality TV: Survivor Season 24 Episode 12 (I)

Tom Reviews Survivor Season 24 Episode 12 "It's Gonna Be Chaos"



It's the family episode.

I think I'm the only person who doesn't like these. I feel like there's so much room for gameplay at this point in the  season, that the family reunions just take away from. Plus, doesn't it feel like the producers ignore character development for many people up until this point, only to then try and make them more likeable? I'd rather get more slice of life camp scenes frankly for the character development, and more game talk here.

Okay maybe I'm just a heartless jackass.

I did like most of the reunions actually, especially Tarzan's (great edit for him for once) although Kat's relationship with her cousin seems kind of odd to me. Whatever, who am I to judge?

I guess the game impact of the loved one visit, is that it sort of humanizes the 7 remaining players in the eyes of the others, so maybe the jury votes will be able to look past personal vendettas? Maybe.

Anyways, let's get into player rankings. We're down to only 7. Let's see if we can find pics with the loved ones.


1. Kim (243 points)

Another Immunity win leaves Kim in a situation where her being a threat is now obvious to everyone. Luckily that doesn't seem to matter, as everyone  is on her side. This episode took a look at Kim's decision process regarding who will go with her to the Final 3, and it is here that we saw the first instance of Kim losing control. She initially thinks that taking Kat and Alicia with her will be the best plan, complete with some brilliant quips, but then Kat went out and made an ass of herself, and Kim couldn't get the rest of her allies on the same page to vote Sabrina out. I'm worried on her behalf, wondering if Sabrina was alerted to Kim's plans, which could bring the house down on her. If not though, she has Chelsea loyally attached to her, seems to be pulling Tarzan's strings, and the others all dote on her. She could probably slide comfortably into the Final 3 with Alicia or Sabrina, and Chelsea, but is that her best move?

2. Sabrina (144 points)


Perhaps unknown to her, Sabrina was in trouble tonight, but she managed to do a good job turning the camp against Kat. Also, did she throw that immunity challenge? My girl looks like she's going to the end, unless Kim    knocks her out soon.

3. Chelsea (126 points):


I'm a little dubious about why Chelsea wanted to vote out Kat, but in retrospect in made sense. I mean Kim was seemingly replacing Chelsea with Kat in her final 3 plans, so maybe this was a genius move on her part?

4. Tarzan (89 points):


Tarzan is the last man in the game, and according to the previews he has a strategy. I doubt it, but maybe. Maybe.

5. Kat (88 points):


Ugh. I was starting to like Kat, and then she threw it away in this episode. I hope she thought her blindside was funny...

6. Alicia (85 points):


Hmmm. Alicia is playing the game, and seems very with it. But she's not well liked, so I don't see her winning.


7. Christina (53 points):

(No picture available)

Yeah, I'm not bothering to find a picture for her since she refuses to make a move.

No comments:

Post a Comment