Monday, February 27, 2012

Five Drinks Into Monday Night Television: Ted Moves Out! (I)

Tom Reviews How I Met Your Mother: Season 7 Episode 18 "Karma"


So this episode sees some more plot development, although it's somewhat regressive. Ted has finally moved out of his apartment, which he has been in since even before the start of the show, and Marshall and Lily have moved in.  Robin is homeless. And Barney has got a new romantic connection in the form of Quinn, who is known also by the name of Karma.
I'm a little annoyed that the writers seem to just be experimenting with where they want everyone to end up. I mean, Marshall and Lily have only been in their suburb house for a few weeks, and they're already moving out? I think the writers made the choice to move them in, and then gave up on that plot thread.

Robin's journal was kind of funny, in a snarky sort of way, and I enjoyed seeing Marshall and Lily acting all creepy. I think it was sort of lame for them to portray suburban life in such a cliche boring way, though.

Do Ted and Barney hang out at the strip club on a regular basis now? Remember when Barney had to talk Ted into going?

I'm disappointed in Ted's lack of wood working ability. He's an architect, being able to make a structurally sound table should be easy for him.

Karma conning Barney was good times. I love how "the manager" was clearly not a manager.

Is Barney going to marry a stripper? I don't buy it. Barney and Robin forever!

So Ted moved out of the apartment. Is he going to move in with Barney now? That would be funny, but I couldn't see that lasting very long. Okay, so this is going to lead to some interesting plots for at least a couple of episodes I think. At least I hope...

Rating: 7.5 out of 10.

This episode had some funny moments, and some things happened, but overall it was a pretty forgettable episode. I hope that some good plots will come out of the new living situations, but I don't know what they'll entail. Also, I hope that Lily gives birth soon. When exactly did she conceive? That should be happening soon I think. And what will Barney and Karma dating lead to?

No comments:

Post a Comment