Thursday, February 28, 2013

Five Drinks Into Reality TV: Big Brother Canada Game and Show Week 1

Tom's Take:



Wow. Two episodes and we already got an HoH, noms, Veto, and an eviction. This 1st week was rushed, and I'm still having trouble telling everyone apart, which is hard with so many people in the game. Still, it was a lot of fun, and for the most part I feel like the production quality is okay and the novelty makes up for any areas where it's lacking.

So let's get to grading everyone's game and showplay.




1. Tom
POV: 30/30
Strategy: 60
Social: 40
Show: 60
Awards: Best Move for saving himself from the block.

Tom got a lot of air time, and I like him, but I think he'll fade into the background in future episodes. His strategy appears to be to Brigade it, with a close tie to Emmett. I think he was a little too obvious about this relationship, and he seems to be a little anti social in the house, but he's still off to a pretty good start.



2. Jillian

Strategy: 30
Social: 40
Show: 5
Awards: Safest Player Award

We didn't get a lot from Jillian, so I'm giving her a sort of background gameplay score, and I can't give her any show points, although we'll see if she does more next week. 


3. Liza

Strategy: 60
Social: 50
Show: 40
Awards: N/A

Liza is playing pretty hard which I like, and she threw a vote at Emmett to cause some drama. I'll be interested to see how that plays out.


4. Kat

Strategy: 60
Social: 30
Show: 50
Awards: N/A

I think losing Kat is a blow to the show, because she had a spark that could have been great for the show. She clearly didn't have the social game to do very well in this game, but her willingness to play would have been beneficial.  



5. Peter

Strategy: 70
Social: 90
Show: 50
Awards: Projected Winner

I really like Peter and think he's currently playing the best game in the house. It's mostly subtle and he's just being nice to people and laying low, but he's put himself in a really good position and I think he's smart enough to do something really great in the house.  



6. Suzette
Hoh: 20/100
Strategy: 0
Social: 10
Show: 60
Awards: Worst Move for being a clueless HoH.

Suzette is my least favorite Houseguest, and I really want to like her for being curvy and different, but ugh. Just ugh. 


7. Talla

Strategy: 40
Social: 70
Show: 10
Awards: N/A

Talla didn't get much air time, and I'm not sure about this because some of her pictures kinda turn me off, but I think she might be the hottest girl in the house. We'll see if that helps her at all.


8. Aneal

Strategy: 80
Social: 40
Show: 65
Awards: N/A

Aneal is my underdog favorite. He's in a bad position since he was closely allied with Kat, but he's playing and I'm going to enjoy seeing if he can play his way out of his current position.




9. Emmett
Strategy: 60
Social: 90
Show: 30
Awards: N/A

I don't particularly care for Emmett, but he seems nice and the other HGs seem to like him. 



10. Gary.
Strategy: 20
Social: 10
Show: 50
Awards: N/A

Well, the Glitter Strategy isn't great, but it's fun to watch. I don't think he'll last very long though with the Frat Alliance seemingly in control of the game. 




11. Danielle
Strategy: 20
Social: 20
Show: 10
Awards: N/A

People don't seem to like Danielle. Oh well. One Dani will win Big Brother eventually. It's a numbers game. 



12. AJ
Strategy: 40
Social: 40
Show: 0
Awards: N/A

AJ is completely invisible so far. 




13. Alec
Strategy: 30
Social: 70
Show: 30
Awards: N/A

I had high hopes for Alec, but he's gotten into a showmance too quickly. I don't think it's very smart for his strategy, but it should help his showplay score.  



14. Andrew
Strategy: 40
Social: 40
Show: 10
Awards: N/A

He seems like a nice enough guy, and his one DR was pretty good, so maybe my initial low expectations for him haven't been altered. 



15. Topaz
Strategy: 40
Social: 70
Show: 30
Awards: N/A

She's another one I think is really pretty. That's all she seems to have going for her right now. We'll have to see if there's more to her game.


Showplay:

1.  Aneal 65
2. Tom 60
3. Suzette 60
4. Peter 50
5. Kat 50
6. Gary 50
7. Liza 40
8.  Alec 30
9. Topaz 30
10. Emmett 20
11. Andrew 10
12. Danielle 10
13. Talla 10
14. Jillian 5
15. AJ 0 


Gameplay:

1. Peter 160
2. Emmett 150
3. Tom 130
4. Aneal 120
5. Talla 110
6. Liza 110
7. Topaz 110
8. Alec 100
9. Kat 90
10. Andrew 80
11. AJ 80
12. Jillian 70
13. Danielle 40
14. Gary 30
15. Suzette 30

No comments:

Post a Comment